It’s hard out here for a communications pro, but we have the latest media insights to make your life a little easier.
Top of the Masthead
- Hearst named Liz Plosser as the Editor-in-Chief of Women’s Health after serving as the Senior Vice President of Content for Well + Good. This is the first of any public leadership changes to the Rodale portfolio brands after being acquired by Hearst.
- Conde Nast named Samantha Barry as the next Editor-in-Chief of Glamour. Barry was most recently the executive producer for social and emerging media at CNN Worldwide, and her hiring signals Conde Nast prioritizing digital content for this next generation of the outlet.
- Teen Vogue Editor-in-Chief Elaine Welteroth announced her departure from the role in a company email Thursday evening after taking on the position in April 2016. She made Conde Nast history as the youngest person in that role and as the second African-American to serve in an Editor-in-Chief role at the media company.
View From Your Media List
- Bloomberg News made a shift with reporter Julie VerHage switching beats to cover the intersection of finance and technology after previously reporting on cross-assets and finance. via Cision
- Curbed welcomed Diana Budds as the blog’s Senior Story Producer for the video vertical, where she’ll focus on design, architecture, urbanism and culture. via Cision
- Eater named Lesley B. Suter as the outlet’s first-ever travel editor. She was most previously the dining editor for Los Angeles Magazine. via Cision
- Elle.com named Kristina Rodulfo as a Senior Beauty Editor after she most recently served as a Beauty Editor at PopSugar. via Cision
- Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia promoted Lauryn Tyrell to Senior Food Editor at Martha Stewart Living and Martha Stewart Weddings. She was serving as the Associate Food Editor. via Cision
- Parents welcomed Melissa Bykofsky as its new Digital Senior Editor after most recently serving as a Senior Editor at Redbook. via Cision
- TheStreet promoted Brian Sozzi to executive editor. He was a senior correspondent covering consumer news in addition to writing the “Daily Dose” and “Weekend Watcher” columns. via Cision
- Travel + Leisure made a few updates to its editorial team:
- Welcoming Sarah Bruning as a Senior Editor covering various travel topics, including products, tech, destinations, and food for both print and digital. She was previously a Lifestyle Editor for Us Weekly. via Cision
- Promoting Hannah Walhout to Assistant Editor after having served as an editorial assistant at the publication since late 2017. via Cision
- The Washington Post welcomes Christina Passariello as its new Technology Editor starting Jan. 16 after serving as Deputy Technology Editor for The Wall Street Journal.
Outlets to Watch
- GQ is launching GQ Recommends — a new section of suggestions for clothing, accessories and shoes — as a way to “deepen its relationship with its readers, grow e-commerce revenue and position itself as a resource for its readers.”
- Recode is partnering with MSNBC to create a town hall event series, starting Jan. 19. The series will “look at how technology is impacting every aspect of our lives from business to politics to science to health to jobs to climate to culture to education.”
- Telemundo is unveiling “Noticias Telemundo, Mediodía”, a new midday national newscast on Jan. 22.